It’s 4AM as I type this. What can I say I hate to sleep or sleep doesn’t come easy for me, guess I feel that when I go to sleep it would leave me vulnerable to…I don’t know someone who would want to break in or some sort of chaos with these crazy neighbors (it’s happened) .
Anyway, I digress. I don’t like riding the bus! Now I realize that no one really likes riding the bus. But I avoid it when I can. Here are some of the experience’s I’ve encountered that have left me totally traumatized were I now have a phobia of riding public transportation.
People who ride are just totally CRAZY! It’s not those one’s who talk to themselves those ones I can tolerate. Let me give you some of what I’ve encountered & see if you might not agree with me.
- I sat across a guy who was snorting some sort of drug up his nose from a cellophane type wrapper. Now it’s one thing to see this sort of thing on TV , I’ve seen the National Geographic show DRUGS INC. However to see something like this in person is ….well traumatizing, I felt violated . And to make it all the more worse the bus I was riding on that day was packed this was a bus headed out to the University District of Seattle. I felt sick to my stomach being a witness to that + shocked. This happened years ago. Some people just don’t give a shit.
- Again while riding a packed bus in the city of Tukwila in Wa. a guy was puking into a plastic bag, long dripping ropes of saliva & all. I felt so nauseas I made my way through the crowd of people excusing myself, then GOT OFF THE BUS well before my stop. Now I know the guy was sick, but it was GROSS!
- On one bus ride through the city of Tukwila in front of a mall one summer a young man who was shirtless came on the bus which being that it was a warm day in summer wasn’t all that bad EXCEPT, he was carrying a BELT folded in half like he planned on using it on someone. Now for those of you who may be thinking “oh no big deal” witnessing this threw me into a panic attack because I was severely abused with a belt many, many times as a child. I can’t remember what happened after that. I was FRIGHTENED. The young man seemed aggressive which didn’t help matters much.
- This one particular year was in the 1980’s which I spent living with my Father in Los Angeles. I was riding one of those old diesel fueled buses when an outbreak of roaches (this is true) was spreading all over the bus, even the bus driver was agitated. I did phone that one in to RTD (Rapid Transit)
- Now THE WORST experience to date while riding a bus had to be August 6th, 2010. That year I had been riding out to the suburb of Redmond on my way to my Tae Kwon Do lessons on this day I thought that this ride would be a piece of cake , I couldn’t have been more wrong! On this ride there was a mentally ill young woman who looked like a young boy with her butch crew cut + thick eyebrows, she begins to yell obscenities about 15 minutes into the ride to her Mother & didn’t stop. She yelled this over & over & over. No one did anything. I mean you can only stand so much of hearing “Fuck you Mother” over & over, I mean was I riding the bus or listening to Linda Blair on the movie The Exorcist? Oh wait it got worse after the bus GOT OFF the freeway FINALLY to pull over the crazy woman attempted to SMASH OUT the window of the bus screaming obscenities the whole time. It was about this time I had reached my limit. I have severe bipolar that year (2010) I had not been fully diagnosed nor had I been on any meds. I stood up in my seat, turned around & said (or yelled I can’t remember) the following: “Mom, you’ve got to get your boy on some med’s (remember the young woman, I mistook for a boy by her appearance). And OMG the slew of garbage coming out of that sewer of a mouth of hers. She called me NIGGER at least a dozen times. I remember she said “I’ll kill you NIGGER,” “You fat bitch”, “you whore” “I’ll kill you with my knife” . It was HORRIBLE! I was FROZEN where I stood. I was in complete shock. Soooo , basically the bus driver called the police dept, then instructed EVERYONE OFF THE BUS! I have no idea why. I asked the bus driver if I should stay, but he said no (no idea why) I was in shock & I wasn’t thinking real clearly & quite frankly? I really hadn’t understood WHAT had just happened.
- So the police arrived, I’m standing outside the bus, I walked over to the officers to try to tell them about the young woman who threatened me. The one officer replied with: “Oh we know her, she does this all the time”. I was left even more confused so I simply walked over to where the other passengers had been waiting then all of us boarded the replacement bus, and I headed off to my Tae Kwon Do class were I was a total wreck! I don’t think that anyone in that damn school bothered to ask if I was okay, because it was pretty obvious that I wasn’t myself. I felt completely sick to my stomach. That evil troll still rides the bus too because sometime last year, sure enough as I boarded a bus coming from the library there she was riding with a friend of hers (She has friends?). I made sure to give her the dirtiest look of contempt I could muster. I have to admit I hope that one day she gets whats coming to her. This is how I feel.
- You all want to know something else? I’ve rode the bus with MS-13 gangsters (13 was tattooed on back of their head) and felt safer than my experience on that Redmond Sound transit bus riding with that evil bitch troll I’ve told you about in #5 ,6. Oh yeah.
So boys & girls thanks for reading, I feel in writing this out I can purge the trauma out, and I feel in some small way you support me. Please show me some love! Now time for coffee & a cig!